Four weeks from today on May 21st we will be participating in the Relay For Life of Arnold/Annapolis at Anne Arundel Community College starting at 6 pm. This is our third year participating in this wonderful event and we would love if you would participate with our Pinked Perspective team. This is a busy time of year but there are many good reasons to get involved. How about I give you 5!
- We are passionate about supporting women diagnosed with breast cancer but frankly we are just passionate about supporting people. There are so many struggling with various cancer diagnoses and we want them to know we stand in support of them and their Warrior-ness.
- The lighting of the Luminarias and the silent lap to honor those that have survived and those that have lost their lives to cancer You have to experience it to know how truly extraordinary it is. We encourage all survivors reading this to be a part of the Luminaria ceremony and survivor lap. If you are interested in purchasing a Luminaria ($10 donation) for a loved one, please go to our Team Page.
- Relay for Life=Hope From the first year we participated in Relay, Hope was what we came away with. It is why we have prayerfully decided to put our efforts toward this event each year.
- We do it as a family When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, our kids were 3 years old and 22 mos. Fortunately, they had a limited understanding of the heaviness of what was happening. Now that they are growing up (and so fast!), we want them to be able to speak openly about cancer and not to fear it. We pray for an extra amount of compassion in them for those facing the devastating effects of it. We desire for them to learn from the courage of warriors in the midst of the fight.
- It is a lot of fun-Hawaiian style Our team is having a Hawaiian-themed campsite again and will be selling Kalua Pig Sliders, Fruit Kabobs and Mac Nut cookies for our on-site fundraisers. If you can’t make it out to stay with the team and walk in the relay for the overnight (and there will be many that can’t), please feel free to stop by and visit our campsite for any part of the evening.
If you would like to join us, go to our Team Page to register. It does not require any donation to sign up on our team and would be so helpful to get us a prime campsite location with more team members signed up by May 12th! We will also appreciate any and all creative ideas to make our campsite really fun and draw people in to raise as many funds as possible for the American Cancer Society. If you can’t make it but desire to be involved with our team, please remember you can always dedicate a Luminaria ($10 donation) here in honor of a loved one affected by cancer under our team name, Pinked Perspective.